Nutritious, delicious, and easy to make…my CPT salad is one of my favorite ways to consume some colorful plants.
Utensils: Cutting board, mandoline slicer or a butcher knife, a large bowl, a empty jar with lid, liquid measuring cup, and measuring spoons.
- 4 mini cucumbers
- 8 oz of multicolored grape/cherry tomatoes (green, orange, yellow, and red)
- 4 sweet peppers (orange, red, and yellow)
- 1/2 small shallot
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- salt or garlic salt to taste
- Thoroughly wash all of the vegetables.
- Cut the tops off of the sweet peppers (~1/4 inch from the stem) and discard along with pith and seeds.
- Cut the ends of the cucumbers off (~ 1/8 inch from the end) and discard these ends.
- Place mandoline over a large bowl and slice (~1/4 inch thickness) all of the peppers and cucumbers into the bowl.
- Place all the grape/cherry tomatoes between two Tupperware lids or two small plates (without squashing them). Cut the tomatoes in half by sliding a sharp butcher knife between the two lids. Place the tomatoes in the bowl with the peppers and cucumber.
- Use the mandoline and knife to mince half the shallot. Use the whole shallot if you really like onion flavor.
- In the glass jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar, ground ginger, and minced shallot. Secure the lid and shake the jar until all ingredients are well combined. Take a spoon to it and taste. Add salt to taste.
- Pour dressing over the cucumber, peppers, and tomatoes in the bowl and toss. Serve or store in the fridge.
©2016 NOVEDGO, LLC.